For more than 60 years, Gateway Christian School has been serving families desiring a faith-based education for their children. Our staff, students and community welcome you into a family atmosphere where there is a partnership with home, church and school. We welcome your inquiry about Christian education, and invite you to come experience what we have to offer. Please use the following links to learn more about our school. GCS website / Check us out on Facebook
- For each student, complete Red Deer Public Schools’ online registration. Click registration
- Complete Gateway Christian School’s family application. Click 2019/20 Family Application Please submit your application to Cathy McCullough (email: firstname.lastname@example.org fax: 403-347-3003 or mail: 4210 - 59 Street, Red Deer, AB T4N 2M9).
- Upon receipt of the completed registration(s) and family application our principal will review the documents. Dependant on room and/or resources, an information meeting will be arranged.
- If room and/or resources are not available, your son/daughter will be placed on a “waitlist” according to our policy. Families in this case, must have a plan “B”.
- Upon approval of your application, you will receive a welcome package.
- Alternative fees are charged as outlined in the School Act.
The purpose of these fees is to defray non-instructional cost incurred by advancing Christian worldview such as: Teaching for Transformation, integrating alternative outcomes within Alberta curriculum, formational learning experiences and school culture. Gateway Christian School (GCS) fee structure: 2017/2018 school year alternative fees are set at High School (Gr. 9 – 12) $200.00 per student per year: Gr. 1 – 8: $300 per student per year and Kindergarten: $200.00 per student per year.
**** Please note: Gr. 9-12 Students:
Our high school program is a partnership program with Lindsay Thurber Composite High School (LTCHS). Half the day they are at Gateway taking 2 core subjects and the other half of the day they are at LTCHS taking options and/or core subjects not offered at Gateway. Students’ grades must meet prerequisites for our core subjects. The program is known as the “Gurber Program”.
Students will be admitted in the following order of priority:
Currently enrolled students proceeding to the next school year.
Children/grandchildren of current staff members.
Sibling of currently enrolled student(s).
Waiting list students followed by new students, living within The City of Red Deer (on a first come, first serve basis).
Waiting list students followed by new students, living outside The City of Red Deer (on a first come, first serve basis).