The principal will be responsible for the receipt of all applications for enrollment, the conduct of registration procedures, and for certification that all enrollment requirements and prerequisites have been properly met by the students and parent(s)/guardian(s).
Application for enrollment shall be made with the GCS office.
Students will be admitted in the following order of priority:
Currently enrolled students proceeding to the next school year.
Children/grandchildren of current staff members.
Sibling of currently enrolled student(s).
Waiting list students followed by new students, living within The City of Red Deer (on a first come, first serve basis).
Waiting list students followed by new students, living outside The City of Red Deer (on a first come, first serve basis).
The Enrollment Procedure will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Voluntary application for enrollment
- Adequate appropriate information supplied to parents including a description of Christian education and the school, and information on school fees.
- Signed “Statement of Application” form
- Participation in an interview with the principal. The interview may include the vice principal.
Parent(s) or guardian(s) are to sign a Statement of Application stating:
- Their agreement with and understanding of the purpose and program of Christian education,
- Their desire that their child benefit from a Christian atmosphere and academic program,
- either their agreement with, or their voluntary subjection to, the Basis of the GCS, therefore indicating non-interference with the Christian direction of the school.
The interview with the Administration should:
- normally be conducted with both parents or guardians present,
- fully appraise the parent(s)/guardian(s) understanding of the nature, purpose and program of the school,
- establish their motivation for applying for admission, indicating at least a sincere interest and desire for the child to realize the benefits of the Christian atmosphere and Christian academic program of the school and an understanding of program fees.