Graduates have been reminded (throughout last year and this year) of the fact that they MUST have enough credits and be passing enough classes in order to be able to cross the stage and participate in the graduation commencement ceremonies at ALL OF THE HIGH SCHOOLS - This includes Gateway.
Teachers have worked, in conjunction with Mrs. Loonstra, to try and make sure students currently have enough credits in order to graduate. However, please be sure you have the same conversation with your son or daughter regarding the required number of credits, and their current standing within their classes, so there are no surprises when graduation rolls around.
Please note the following details:
1) - Graduation ceremony for Lindsay Thurber Comprehensive High School will be held on Friday, May 6th (there will be NO HIGH SCHOOL CLASSES at Thurber or at Gateway on this day)
2) - Graduation ceremony for Hunting Hills High School will be held on Friday, May 13th (there WILL be regular classes at both LTCHS and Gateway on this day
3) - Gateway's graduation takes place after all diploma exams are completed. Gateway's graduation will take place on Tuesday, June 28th
4) - Gateway's graduation AND banquet will be held at First Christian Reformed Church in Red Deer
5) - The graduation ceremony will begin at 4:30. Anyone can attend the ceremony and tickets are not required for the CEREMONY only
6) - The banquet will begin at 6:30 with the punch bowl open and the banquet to follow. The banquet will be held in the hall of First Christian Reformed Church and TICKETS ARE
REQUIRED FOR THE BANQUET.
- The hall holds a limited number of people - graduates have a limited number of guests that they are able to purchase tickets for. An order form and more detailed information will be sent home later this week. However, please note that graduates may purchase tickets for 8 guests and a ticket for themselves, for a total of 9 tickets each.
- Tickets will cost $28 for anyone over 10 years of age, including the graduates.
- Tickets for children 10 years and younger will be $15 each
- You will receive a packet with an order form and information regarding the banquet ... we will NOT be collecting orders or money before packets have been given to graduates.
-Important: if some graduates do not want to use all of the 8 guest tickets they are allowed to purchase, the extra tickets will be placed into a general pool for those who are hoping to purchase additional tickets. Please note that the banquet is quite personal and intimate for the graduates, and is more suited to immediate / close family, and those people close to the graduates.
- More information will come home. In the packet you receive will also be information regarding our request for baby pictures, and other pictures, to be used for the grad ceremony. We will begin collecting these the week of April 11th, as the powerpoint presentation takes a while to put together for the ceremony.
- We will also be sending a sign up sheet, asking parents for help with graduation details ... so please look for that information as well!
Time will go by quickly, and it won't be long until we are celebrating the graduating class of 2016! :) How exciting!
Grads sign up for a sitting to have their formal photos taken. Grads only have to get the full (formal) sitting at one of the schools, but DO have to book a sitting at both schools to get their "cap and gown" photos taken for both schools. Photos will be used for composites, newspapers, grad day and yearbooks. They SHOULD have already had this done at Thurber and at HHHS?
If they have not yet booked a sitting for their formals AND/OR their cap and gown photos for Gateway, they need to be booked right away, since the sittings will take place next week at Gateway.
They go to www.lifetouch.ca/southernalberta and pick Red Deer as location. They then pick Gateway and book an appointment. Dates for Gateway sittings are April 13 and 14th, 2016 . Sitting fee for the Gateway is $50.00 This includes the crossing the stage photo and the formal photo for every Grad. If they would like the cap and gown group photo it will be $15 each. If they want to go somewhere else for there photos, then the cost for the 2 8x10 photos and crossing the stage photos for the Gateway grad will be $30.
If your son or daughter has not signed up for pictures for Gateway, please go to the link above and sign up for them. Please note that on the 13th there is only a half day of classes for High School students (at both Thurber and Gateway) due to the grade 8/9 orientation at Thurber. So, if students signed up for afternoon sittings on the 13th, they would not have to miss any classes.
Please contact Mrs. Geannette Lehman if you have questions or concerns!