Who is RDSCE
RED DEER SOCIETY FOR CHRISTIAN EDUCATION
Our Mission is to encourage and facilitate Christian education and lifelong learning in our community, and to ensure that Gateway Christian School provides an accessible, Christ centered education so that students are equipped and encouraged to serve God joyfully in every area of life.
What we’re all about:
- Supporting and encouraging the distinct Christian Alternativeness that defines Gateway Christian School.
- We are committed to supporting RDPSD and the Gateway staff in ensuring that students are equipped and encouraged to serve God joyfully, in every area of life.
Our goals include:
- Joyful Service
- Spiritual Formation
- Christ Centered
- Influential Voice
- Involved Community
Our four priorities include:
- Community Building
- Relationship with RDPSD
- Living Out god’s Story (TfT)
- Fiscal Responsibility
In the 2016-17 School Year we:
- Have budgeted $77 000 to fully fund a part time Executive Director, part time Worship Coordinator and professional development for teachers to develop and implement Teaching for Transformation.
- Hosted a Meet the Staff BBQ in September.
- Work with School Council to provide monthly staff appreciation events.
- Host two major fundraising events: Annual Fall Auction in November and Annual Golf Tournament in May.
- Pray for our Christian community, inviting God’s sovereign will for all areas of our Program. Coordinate weekly Wednesday morning prayer time for parents.
- Offer five $1000 post-secondary scholarships to students.
- Hired a Worship Coordinator for the fourth year. This individual plans weekly whole school worship experiences as well as connects the school to the greater Red Deer community.
- Hired an Executive Director for the fifth year. This individual is instrumental in developing and maintaining our relationship with Red Deer Public School District as well as Gateway administration and staff, developing relationships with the greater Red Deer and Christian community (i.e. churches, other Christian schools), coordinating fundraising as well as community events and supporting Society’s purpose in supporting the distinct features of Christian Education at Gateway.