Gr. 1-8 Report Cards
Gr. 1 - 5 Report Cards will be going home on Thursday, March 18th / Gr. 6-8 Report Cards will be available on PowerSchool
Gateway Christian School no longer prints TERM report cards for grade 6-8 students (a copy of the final report will be sent home in June). Grades & attendance are available online 24/7. Gr. 6-8 report cards are available on your PowerSchool Parent Account.
Please see instructions below. If you do not have access to the internet and would like a copy of your son’s/daughter’s report card sent home, please advise the office 403-346-5795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org we’d be happy to send a copy home.
Red Deer Public School District's Student Information System, that houses all student data, is called PowerSchool. This is where attendance and student information (parent home, cell & work phone numbers, email addresses, etc.) is managed. The program that records grades is called Gradebook. Gradebook is digitally connected to PowerSchool, so the two programs work in sync.
In order to access your child's marks & attendance through this web based program, parents need to set up a parent account and link their children to the account. Please see attached instructions to set up a parent account (you will need your child’s access ID and password – students know that info but if they don’t, please contact the office).
Once you have set up a parent account, copy and paste this URL into your internet browser: http://powerschool.rdpsd.ab.ca/public
You can also download the PowerSchool mobile app to your cell phone (iPhone or Android device). Just go to the App Store, type in PowerSchool and download the app. Our district code is JBGT.
For information on how to download the app and have access to your child's grades &/or attendance, click APP info
Viewing Marks / Attendance (available online 24/7)
Log into Powerschool http://powerschool.rdpsd.ab.ca/public
1. Attendance is on the left for the last 2 weeks (totals on the right)
2. Under the course heading, you will see a list of classes the student is enrolled in.
3. Parents should click on the Mark Detail of the subject they wish to look at to see their child's individual assignments. This will take them to the teachers' class and ALL of the assignments they have inputted.
Viewing/Printing Report Cards (Please note report cards will not be available until Wed., Dec. 5th)
Log into your parent account using this link: http://powerschool.rdpsd.ab.ca/public
1. Under the "Navigation" Menu on the LEFT side, scroll to find "RDP Reports".
2. You will now see the Report Card Section. Click on the blue link/words “Middle School Report Card"
3. This will take you to your child's most recently posted report card. (The red printing will NOT print - it is for the webpage ONLY)