Students will have an opportunity to support the 49th Avenue Youth Shelter and, at the same time, a chance to win 1 of 3 mental health goody baskets. Tickets are $1.00 each and will be on sale before school and at lunchtime today, Wednesday & Thursday. Students can enter as many times as they'd like. The draws will take place at the end of day on Thursday.
Basket 1 - fun kids basket with a DQ gift certificateBasket 2 - $50 gift certificate to Lids with a Lid's care kit. A $70 dollar valueBasket 3 - $50 gift certificate for Cineplex, gift pack, popcorn and pop
Once costs are covered, all proceeds will be donated to the 49th Street Youth Shelter.
►LOOKING FOR SOME HELP WITH THE GARAGE SALE!
- People to help sell items (from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.)
- Trucks & drivers at the end of the day (3:00 - 5:00 p.m.)
If you are available to help, please email me and I'll pass your name on to the playground committee (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you!
►Family Field & Fun Day ☼
The Track & Field Committee has been busy planning for Gateway’s Community Building Field Day! We are super excited and hope that you will be able to join us and help out! Field Day will be Friday, June 2nd! (alternate day June 5th) The events will run from 9:00 am until 3:00 pm, with the afternoon being split up into elementary events and middle school events. We are looking for parents who are willing to help run the events.
If you are willing to volunteer, please email Lynette Loonstra (email@example.com) by Thursday, May 25 (Please let Lynette Loonstra know if you are available for the 1st session 8:45 am - noon or the 2nd session noon - 3 pm) The field day committee will contact you by Wednesday, May 31st to let you know what event you will be running (teachers will be bringing around their classes and know how to run the event...you will be assisting the teachers). If you have any questions, contact Lynette Loonstra. Thanks in advance for your willingness to help make this day successful!
►LUNCH BBQ = Red Deer Society for Christian Education & The Hot Lunch Committee will be hosting a lunch BBQ. Ordering will be on the Gateway Hot Lunch website. The website is www.gateway.hotlunches.net. If you already have an account set up you will simply need to log in and choose your selection from the field day menu option. If you are not signed up you can register to make an account. When it asks you for the school access code put in GCSRD and it will show you the available menus. If you are unable to set up an account please place your order and payment at the school office.If you wish to order for yourself or other family members please add your orders to your child's order and then at lunch on that day you simply attend lunch with your child and your lunch will be with theirs! Orders are being accepted until May 29th at noon, please make your selection before then!
- Host families in our program receive $675/month for hosting one of our international students. Host families are responsible for providing a safe home, private bedroom, 3 meals/day plus snacks and for treating the student as a member of their family.
CLICK HERE for a copy of the exam schedule
Do you have a son/daughter interested in learning about the business world? Is he/her an “ideas person”? Or maybe they just want a more hands-on learning opportunity to fill out their course schedule next year, where they get to work with their peers in a fun, relaxed setting, while gaining work experience to add to their resume.
Company Program is a new program coming to Red Deer high schools next year, where students work in teams with the guidance of entrepreneurs and professionals in the community to develop their own small business idea. Students earn 3 credits for the 18-week program, which meets once weekly in the evening, and are eligible for awards and scholarships at the end. Open to students in grades 10 through grade 12 (17/18 school year).
Parents & students are invited to learn more about this exciting, new opportunity, Wednesday May 24th @ 3:30 p.m., Room 183 at Gateway Christian School.
Please click here for a copy of the yearbook order form.
Click here for a copy of the 2017-18 transit application
- Mental Health Week at Gateway
- Gr. 6's going to the Legislature Building in Edmonton ~ leaving at 10:00 a.m. - back to school between 6:00 & 6:15 p.m.
- Rec Ed Option class going bowling 10:30 a.m. - noon
- Mucho Burrito Hot Lunch
- Gr. 6-12 Worship @ 9:46 a.m. ~ Communion
- Hats on DAY! Students and staff are encouraged to wear a hat to raise awareness of the importance of good mental health.
- 3S walking to Kerry Wood Nature Centre from 1:30 - 3:00 p.m.
- New course Info Session for Gr. 10-12 (17/18 school year) COMPANY PROGRAM @ 3:30 p.m. @ GCS room 183
- 150th day of School & celebrating Canada's 150th birthday (wear red & white)!
- Gr. 7&8 track team: practice @ 7:15 a.m. at the LTCHS track
- Gr. 5 patrollers' wind-up party 11:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- 3K walking to Kerry Wood Nature Centre from 10:00 - 11:30 a.m.
- Service Learning Option class going to Parkvale Senior's Lodge (10:30 - 11:45 a.m.)
- Gr. 3 COOKIE SALE in the Den from 11:50 - 12:20
- 3G walking to Kerry Wood Nature Centre from 1:30 - 3:00 p.m.
- Monday/Wednesday kinders: No school
- Tuesday/Thursday kinders: Regular classes
- Gr. 1-8 students: Regular classes
- Gr. 9-12 students: No School (LTCHS GRAD)
- Gr. 7 & 8 track students: Christian School's Track & Field Day @ LTCHS track
- Gr. 4s going to Rocky Mountain House Historical Site (8:36 a.m. - 3:14 p.m.)
- Gr. 3 COOKIE SALE in the Den from 11:50 - 12:20
- Drop off times for Garage Sale items is from 3:15 - 6:00 p.m.
- 4 p.m. deadline to order Panago Pizza
- Gateway Christian School Garage Sale (8:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.)