May 3rd Reminders
Saturday, May 1st, was National Principals' Day. We would like to acknowledge our Principal, Geannette Lehman, and our Vice-Principals Chris Kooman & Carolyn Stolte. Thank you for your leadership & guidance during these challenging times and always putting our students first. Thank you for your unwavering commitment, tireless dedication, love, care & support you show our students, staff & families. We appreciate each of you!
- This Wednesday, May 5th is HATS on for MENTAL HEALTH Day! We encourage students & staff to wear a hat that day to raise awareness of the importance of good mental health.
- Middle School Teachers:
- Gr. 7B homeroom teacher, Jesse Bourne: email@example.com
- Gr. 7E homeroom teacher, Lukas Erickson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gr. 7W homeroom teacher, Rosemarie Welch: email@example.com
- Gr. 8B homeroom teacher, Leah Baker: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gr. 8M homeroom teacher, Jillayne Masters: email@example.com
- Gr. 8S homeroom teacher, Dawson Strome: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For a Parent's Guide to Google Classroom, please click HERE
Gr. 5 Grow Kids
On Wednesday, May 5th, our Gr. 5 students will partake in the virtual event Grow Kids (formally Go Girls & Grow Boys). This year's theme is - Hope is an action word. The goal of this event is to build hope through taking ACTION! Multiple sessions will be offered to students on the topics of creating positive relationships, being creative, being active and taking care of themselves. If you have a son/daughter in Gr. 5, please ask them about the 'Grow Kids' event!
Some samples of the messages on the bracelets:
- You Got This!
- Never Give Up!
- Stay Positives!
- Believe in yourself!
- Be your Best!
- Follow Your Dreams!
Gr. 7W Science
One of the units in Gr. 7 science is Plants for Food & Fibre. Students in Mrs. Welch's 7W class are studying the concepts:
- Life processes and structure of plants
- Fertilizers and soil nutrients
Students are learning how to be good Earth-Keepers and how to take care of and be good stewards of God's creation - plants! The class created their own compost and each potted 3 plants they will care for and watch grow.
High School students & parents: Please note the following info & dates:
- regular classes for Gr. 9-12 on May 28th
- last day of Gr. 9-12 classes is June 24th
- LTCHS grad moved to June 25th
- Utilizing the 3 crosswalks
- Drivers remaining in vehicles in the 'Drop and Go' zone
- Drivers pulling up as far as possible in the 'Drop and Go' zone
- Not stopping or parking in areas marked with pylons (bus zone & cross walks)
- Having your son/daughter exit your vehicle from the curbside ONLY!
- Boston Pizza Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Gr. 5 Virtual Grow Kids
- HATS on for MENTAL HEALTH! Students & staff are encouraged to wear a hat in support of Mental Health!
- Kindergarten - Gr. 6 Aloha School Run! Staff & students are encouraged to wear bright colors, flowers or anything Hawaiian.
- Monday/Wednesday Kindergarten class: Regular Classes
- Tuesday/Thursday Kindergarten class: No School
- 4:00 p.m. deadline to order Subway Hot Lunch
Have a great week,