Another blessed & memorable school year is coming to an end. We have much to celebrate and many happy memories. My prayer is that you felt supported and very much a part of our school community. For those of you with kindergarten students, I'm sure you're amazed at how your child has blossomed over the past year. For parents of our graduating class, you are probably filled with mixed emotions as your son/daughter prepares for the next chapter in their lives. It has been a joy and privilege to watch your children grow up to become amazing young adults. It is our prayer that all our students have grown in their understanding of who God is, what He has done for us and how we can live for Him.
I would like to acknowledge the exceptional leadership of Mrs. Teresa Tataryn, Mrs. Carolyn Stolte and Mr. Chris Kooman. They have shown outstanding leadership and have had a profound impact on our students, teachers, support staff and school community. Their expertise, dedication, commitment and love for students, parents & staff cannot be measured. We are very blessed to have them at Gateway ♥!
►I want to say thank you to our caring & supportive parents and grandparents who have helped in classrooms, on field trips, with fundraising events, with our Hot Lunch Program and countless other ways that have blessed Gateway. We are grateful!
►We celebration Mrs. Crystal Schalk and Mrs. Verla OpdenDries who are both retiring this week. Thank you for the many ways you both made Gateway a great place to be. We are all blessed to have had you part of Gateway’s story. We will miss you! May the next chapters in your lives be filled with God's peace, His protection and His love.
►We also say goodbye to Miss Lynn and Ms. Dufresne. We have enjoyed having you at Gateway and thank you for your service. Blessings to you both!
END OF THE YEAR REMINDERS:
- please return all sports' uniforms and library books by Thursday.
- check our lost and found tables in the front foyer for any family items that belong to you.
- last day of school is this Thursday, June 28th @ 2:14 p.m. (dismissal one hour early)
- Tuesday/Thursday Kindergarten - Gr. 8 report cards going home Thursday, June 28th. (Monday/Wednesday Kindergarten report cards going home Wednesday, June 27th).
- our school office is closed over the summer months, but I will be checking my email periodically so please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any school questions or concerns.
- included with report cards: 2018-19 calendar dates (coloured, yearly calendar will be distributed the 1st day of school - Tuesday, September 4th), school supply list, daily time schedule, Sprint/Spark information sheet, K-Gr. 8 summer reading program, athletic letter (Gr. 3-8), information letter on new 2018-19 Gr. 1-5 report card format.
We are very close to seeing our vision of 2 new playgrounds at Gateway!
We are in desperate need of volunteers to help build one of them.
If you can help for a couple of hours, half a day, one day or the entire 4 days. Please let us know as soon as possible.
Please reply to this email or contact Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for help in the following areas:
1. Food (August 29 -1 helper, August 30 - 1 helper, August 31 - 2 helpers, September 1- 2 helpers)
2. Security (2 for August 29,30, 31, and September 1)
3. Building the playground:
August 29 (32 helpers
August 30 (32 helpers)
August 31 (23 helpers)
September 1 (33 helpers)
►Bus times and stops will be posted, at the end of August, on Red Deer Public Schools website. (you will not get a phone call).
Please click BusPlanner parent portal , at the end of August, for online information on your child's bus stop, and pick-up & drop-off times.
►For Red Deer Public Schools Transportation Department's Frequently Asked Questions please click FAQ
►If your questions still remain unanswered, please call the Transportation Department at 403-342-3733 or 403-342-3724.
Last week of EXAMS!!
Here are the reminders for the week:
Monday, June 25th
Tuesday, June 26th
- Gr. 6 Science PAT exam from 9 - 10 a.m.
- Gr. 9 Math PAT exam from 9 - noon
- Kindergarten Graduation (M/W kinders: 9 - 10 a.m. and T/T kinders: 5 - 6 p.m.)
- Gr. 1's going to Kraay's Family Farm from 11 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Math 10C final exam from 1 - 3 p.m.
- Gr. 3's walking to the Red Deer Public Library from 12:45 - 3:00 p.m.
- Math 20 final exam from 1 - 3 p.m.
- Gr. 6 LA Part B PAT Exam from 9 - 10 a.m.
- Gr. 9 Social PAT exam from 9 a.m. - noon
- Gr. 2's going to Discovery Canyon from 9:00 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
- Gr. 8 Math Final from 1 - 3 p.m.
Wednesday, June 27th
- Bio 30 Diploma Exam from 9 - noon
- Gr. 6 math PAT Exam from 9 - 10:30 a.m.
- Mrs. Lodewyk's kindergarten class: Tropical Day
- Gr. 3's walking to Michener Centre Swimming Pool from 12:45 - 2:45 p.m.
- Gr. 8 Social Exam 1 - 3 p.m.
- Gr. 12 GRAD WALK @ 3:00 p.m.
Thursday, June 28th
- Awards Ceremony @ 8:45 a.m.
- Gr. 1's going to Spray Park from 10:45 a.m. - 1:45 p.m.
- Mrs. Lodewyk's kindergarten class: Tropical Day
- last day of classes - 1 hour early dismissal (2:14 p.m.) bus students will return home 1 hour earlier.
- Gr. 12 Grad Ceremony at First Christian Reformed Church @ 4:30 p.m. (everyone is invited to join us for the ceremony).
Have a wonderful & safe summer!
See you first day of school - Tuesday, September 4th.