Kindergarten - Gr. 8 students' access codes & passwords went home with the youngest in the family two week. Please call the office if you need your child's code & password. We'd be happy to give those to you.
Gr. 9-12 students know their access codes and passwords (just ask your son/daughter).
Click PLANT SALE for order form.
CLASS REQUESTS Assigning students to their classes for the next school year is an important decision for all teachers and administration. If you feel your child needs special consideration, due to educational concerns, please detail these in writing to Mrs. Tataryn before June 2nd. We will take this information under advisement; however, we cannot guarantee your requests.
SUPERVISION (BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL) Your child’s safety is our #1 concern. Please assist us in keeping our students and your children safe. Teachers are on playground supervision from 8:20 a.m. – 8:30 a.m., morning recess & after school from 3:14 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Lunch supervisors provide supervision over the lunch break). Please do NOT drop off your child on the playground or at the school prior to 8:20 a.m. There is no adult supervision prior to 8:20 a.m., as our staff is busy getting ready for the school day. If you cannot pick up your child between 3:14 p.m. and 3:30 p.m., please make alternate child care arrangements as there is no adult supervision after 3:30 p.m. Thank you for helping us keep all of our students safe!
Gateway Garage Sale - A Fundraiser for a New School Playground. We will be hosting a garage sale to raise funds for a new playground on the east side of the school. The sale will take place on Saturday, May 27th. All proceeds raised will go toward the cost of the new structure. We need your help to make this happen! We need your used treasures. As you spring clean and find items you no longer need, please consider donating them to our school wide sale. As we do not have storage space to take items in advance, we ask that you bring them on Friday, May 26th between 3:15 and 6:00. Other ways parents and students can volunteer: *Be a driver to take the "leftovers" to Bibles for Missions / *Come work at the garage sale / *Help us set up Friday night / *Spread the word and come support the cause! We want to continue to be community builders even through our fundraising opportunities. The last hour of our garage sale will be opened up to refugees and the less fortunate in Red Deer. They will have the opportunity to come and take what they need for free. All items remaining after that will be taken to Bibles for Missions. Questions can be addressed to: Kim White-Playground Committee Chair / (403) 348-3221 /email@example.com /Julia Price-Fundraising coordinator /(403) 352-2566
Upcoming events: Spring Picture Day: Tuesday, May 2nd (Tuesday/Thursday kinders & Gr. 1-12) / Wednesday, May 3rd (Monday/Wednesday kinders)
- Papa Baldy's Hot Lunch
- Gr. 7 badminton practice 3:30 - 5:00 p.m.
- High School (Gr. 9-12) Luncheon
- Kindergarten Here I Come Event for all 17-18 registered kinder students / Parkland Mall 1:00 - 7:00 p.m. / Drop In
- Gr. 8 badminton practice from 3:30 - 5:00 p.m.
- Gr. 6 badminton tournament at Fox Run School in Sylvan Lake (2 Falcon Ridge Drive) from 4 - 7 p.m.
- K-Gr. 12 Worship @ 9:46 a.m. Gr. 12 HANDS team will be sharing their experiences from their mission trip to Nicaragua. Come hear how this was a life changing trip for our students & staff. Coffee has been an important part of Nicaragua's history & economy. Their coffee is known all over the world! Our team brought back some freshly roasted coffee and will be selling it for $15.00/lb. Come check it out!
- Gr. 3-5 choir practice @ 11:50 a.m.
- Gr. 7 badminton tournament at Fox Run School in Sylvan Lake (2 Falcon Ridge Drive) from 4 - 7 p.m.
- Gr. 8 badminton tournament at Fox Run School in Sylvan Lake (2 Falcon Ridge Drive) from 4 - 7 p.m.
- Monday/Wednesday kinders have regular classes
- Tuesday/Thursday kinders: No School
- 4 p.m. deadline to order Subway Hot Lunch
- CHILLFEST for Gr. 9-12!!! from 8PM to 8AM @ GCS. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 at the door. Please BRING SNACKS to share.